Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Tomorrow is the BIG DAY

I'm trying to procrastinate from studying for my last two finals tomorrow by writing in this blog as practice and its working! My flight is so close leaving at 12:05 A.M friday morning (that's in about 26 hours). I worked out the time change with Mike the other night and found out that if I sleep on the plane 10 hours of the 13 hour first leg I will be good to go when we land! In case you were wondering the first leg stops in Taiwan and the second leg (3 hours) will put me in Phnom Penh, CAMBODIA! I'll arrive there around noon giving us a half day to find our way to our hotel. I have no idea what to expect for the first few days in Cambodia because we are getting their 4 days earlier than the rest of the group. I'm thinking that we will try and get the culture shock out of the way early to be more comfortable when the mission trip begins. We might even start promoting our first big day so we can start with a bang!

I'm pretty much ready to pack up all my stuff into my backpack. I laid it all out on my pool table as you can see and it is looking complete. I'm packing light because I'm sure I'll be able to buy everything under the sun there for pennies if necessary! Undies... check, Sandals... check, mosquito repellant... check, looks like thats all I will need :) My goal is to try and write in this blog every chance I get so please check it and watch my Cambodian adventure unfold before your eyes. I'm bringing my DSLR camera so there should be some pretty neat pictures... that is if I'm any good!

1 comment:

  1. safe travels, Devo xo Enjoy each day, and each new experience... Can't wait to read more of your adventures :-))) xo xo

    ReplyDelete